Patience and Perfection



Perfection.

It doesn't come soon.

It never comes the first time you try.

There's always a mistake here, a glitch there.

There's always something we wish we had done differently.

There are even things we wish we hadn't done.

Even if it does come immediately, it's a one in a million chance that it will.

Perfection takes time.

Perfection takes patience.

Most of the time we just want to see our creations come to life.

We want the reward of seeing other people enjoy what we have been imagining for years.

But every reward requires work.

Are we willing to have patience and work for the reward we want so badly?

Sometimes we say no.

Sometimes we say yes.

And sometimes we say, I will try.

We try.

We write, and write, and write.

But our perfect story, our goal, seems so far away.

It's as if we are inside a tunnel and the light is just a mere pinprick in the dark, and we wonder when we are ever going to see the light of day again.

But we made this decision to enter this tunnel.

Just keep walking.

Just keep writing.

We will see the light eventually.

Often we feel like turning around and walking back the way we came.

But we look how far we've come, and we realize that going back is not worth it.

We're just this much closer to where we want to be.

So we keep walking.

We keep writing.

And then we trip in the dark.

We doubt ourselves.

We doubt our stories are worth sharing.

We doubt our capability to make people feel something.

We doubt we can write that perfect story.

And we stop.

We don't turn back.

But we don't go forward.

We don't know where we are meant to go.

At some point, we have to pick ourselves up and go somewhere.

We have to make a choice.

And whether we choose to go forward and be patient and work towards the day out story breathes life is up to us.

Perfection doesn't just happen.

Dreams don't just happen.

They take work.

Our choice is to put in the work it takes or turn back.

But if we turn back, we will never know what could have happened had we kept going.

We will never know if our dreams came true.

We will never know if we achieved perfection.

Please don't turn back.

Please keep going.

Please don't doubt yourself.

Please be patient.

Please be hopeful.

Please don't be hard on yourself.

Please don't give up.

Please don't choose to never know.

Perfection will come one day.

Perfection.



Lately I've been doubting myself and my writing, and I just wanted to share with you a bit of what's been going through my head. I have a hard time dealing with the truth that perfection takes patience, and that makes me hesitate before I start writing. It makes me try to look for a faster way. It makes me wonder if this dream is worth the effort, but I've decided that it is. It always will be and there is not need for me to doubt myself. God will help me achieve my goal if I try and work at it, and since anything is possible with God, I think pursuing writing is worth a shot. :)

Do you ever have doubts about yourself or your writing? How do you deal with them? Are you a patient writer? Do you deal with the same conflict I do?

Smiles!
Nicole




2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, love it.
    Thank you for being real. 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!! ❤️
      And you're welcome! I think the raw side of reality doesn't get as much attention as it deserves, and so being real is a priority for me. :)

      Delete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram