The #CoverLove tag + lifey updates

 

Good afternoon guys! This post is going to be pretty loose, and I'll tuck in a few life updates either at the beginning or the end of this post, but yay! Both Nicole Dust @Legend of a Writer and Lilian @green tea with books tagged me ages ago for the #CoverLove. Thank you for the tag, girls! :D

So before we jump into that, the content survey for 2019 is still open! If you have not filled it out, please please please take a couple of minutes to do so. The responses I've gotten so far have been super helpful in my planning (thank you guys! <3), but I don't have enough responses yet to get a good grasp on where this blog needs to go. If you have not taken it yet, here is the link:

-->SURVEY<--

Or you can go to my previous post through this link and fill it in on the blog. I will also be adding the survey to a separate page for a few weeks until I close it. Your feedback and input is invaluable to me as a writer, and every bit you have to offer will help improve this blog for you.

 

So now a few lifey update things:

I've been pretty absent from the blogosphere and Instagram for the past week, and a lot of it is because I haven't had time to sit down and be on the Internet. My brother left on a two-year church mission this week, so I spent a lot of time with my family before he left. On Monday we went to the beach and did family photos, and on Tuesday we went to Orlando for an entire day. Wednesday we had to wake up super early in the morning to drop my brother off at the airport and for the rest of the day we just crashed because we had been up and running like busy-bodies for two days straight and we're all crazy sleep-deprived. :P Honestly I don't remember what we did on Thursday. It's all a blurry memory with pizza being the only clear subject...oh! I spent the afternoon studying for my drivers permit test, which I'm hopefully going to pass take next week if the DMV is open. Yesterday was a whole day of last-minute Christmas shopping. Ugh, I still have to finish my shopping today, so I'm writing this post first thing so I don't forget. #igotyoucovered

I figured with all this stuff going on, I couldn't exactly fit in photo-shoots and blog posts. So the progress for this week? Um, basically it ended at studying the stats on the survey. I have to get some stuff done today and hopefully by next week I will be back to normal, busy life trashing my sister's bedroom with my photography stuff and hogging the family computer to write posts. ;P


So now the tag. Again, thank you Nicole and Lilian! <3

I had a lot of fun with this one. Nicole gave me the option of two different sets of questions and Lillian gave me one set, so I cherry-picked and smashed together the two sets of questions to make one ideal set for myself. Hehe. Also, that way I wouldn't have to write two separate tags. :)

The rules:
  • Thank the blogger who tagged you and link back to their blog.
  • Create seven new #CoverLove questions or just use mine.
  • Answer the seven questions your nominator gave you. (like I said before,this is a #CoverLove question mashup, but I will put both sets of questions below along with the one I made so y'all have options.)
  • Nominate seven other bloggers and let them know they’ve been tagged. (Um, so I suck at nominations, but I'll try. XD)
Le Questions:

A cover you loved the moment you saw it: An Enchantment of Ravens


I literally only checked it out from my library because I fell in love with the cover. I mean, just look at that color scheme!! And the concept!! And just ahhhhh the digital paining is gorgeous!! Unfortunately I didn't finish the book, but the cover is just...*swoons*


A pink cover: Only the Good Spy Young


Of course I had to stuff an Ally Carter book in this post! I don't remember if I've actually read this one or not, but it is pink and there's nothing in the rules that says you have to have read the books. Also, I'm not usually partial to pink but I do really like this particular shade (there are quite a few pink Gallagher Girls books).


A cover you hate on a book you love: Rules of the Road


I'm not going to lie—I adore this book. I love it so much that I've read it multiple times and I bought two copies of it because one wasn't enough. But that cover...*facepalm* It's not on my list of aesthetic goals. :/


A cover of a picture book: Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots


My childhood is encompassed in this book. I think it was also one of the very first books I ever got that was my own. It's a super cute book, and honestly I still read it sometimes when I need that extra dose of childhood. :P


Aesthetic goals book cover: Tess of the Road


Okay, so it was either this or An Enchantment of Ravens, but I love the illustration on this and the way the dragon is painted and ahhhhhhhhh!! I'm a sucker for illustrations on YA book. XD


A cover of a book that gives you nostalgia: A Little Princess


This one always takes me back in time. I don't read it often, but when I do, I notice things that I didn't the first time. I can actually understand things better now that I'm much older, and it's super cool to look back and think about how I perceived it the first time I read it compared to how I perceive it now. I also like to think I grew up alongside Sara Crewe. ;)


A book cover with your favorite color: Eliza and her Monsters


Okay, so this particular shade of green is not my favorite, but this cover!! *flails* For some reason I really really really love the color scheme. I just have to wait for forever for my library to finally get the book. DX

So now nominations...I think I'll nominate the first seven commenters who can come up with a good (or bad; perspective is relative XD) book pun. ;)  


And that wraps up this post! I wish you a merry Christmas wherever you are and I hope you get to spend lots of time with your family.Remember the reason for the season and do something special for them. <3

Which books would you answer these questions with? What was the first book you ever received? Are you doing any last-minute shopping or did you have everything ready beforehand? Do you plan on going any special Christmas adventures? Oh! My mom decided to get a new Christmas tree and it is MASSIVE. So now we have two trees, LOL! X'D 

Smiles!
Nicole




NOTE: I do not own any of the above images. All images to respective owners. Link-backs to sources included.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, you did the tag!! And gosh, most of those tags are so beautiful! (Except for that Rules of the Road one . . . but at least it’s not AWFUL....)

    Merry Christmas, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂 Yep, I guess it’s not terrible, but it still bugs me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Happy New Year, Nicole!

      Delete
  2. No book pun from me today as I am quite busy. I have to book it to the library.

    (see what I did there. 😉😂)

    On a serious note, I love these covers. I've already done this tag, but maybe I should do it again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 Marvelous pun! Very deserving of the tag. 😂
      Feel free to do it again if you want to, and drop me a link if you do so i can check it out!

      Delete
  3. Love your all of your cover choices. Eliza and her Monster's has such a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! Yeah, my favorite part is all the mulri-media stuff on it. 🤩

      Delete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram