Interview with Abby Franklin @ When Words Fly—New Blog!!!


So this is a weird day for me to post, but today I have a special treat! Abby Franklin, who used to run the fabulous blog 360 Degrees Writing, is launching her new, self-hosted website, When Words Fly, today! I got the opportunity to join her launch team and interview her about her blogging and writing, so without further ado, here is the interview.


N: What inspired you to start writing?

A: I've always been writing, but in summer of 2016 (when I began writing for Ninjago) I fell in love with creating worlds, characters, and stories of my own!

N: So what type of writing did you do for Ninjago? (I'm kind of confused but curious, lol XD)

A: (xD) Ok, so I did a LOT of fanfiction at the beginning - and still do write it, though not quite as much. I used to do a lot of stuff with just the Ninjago characters, but now I like tossing my own in the mix.

N: Oooooohhh that makes sense! Lol, I used to write so much Percy Jackson fanfic, so you're good. XD When did you start posting about writing on your blog, and what motivated the decision to start blogging in the first place?

A: My blog was VERY spur-of-the-moment. It's like one day I was on the computer and thought, 'Hey, blogging is cool, maybe I should try it.' Writing is something I've always loved, so that quickly became the topic of the blog.

N: That's really cool! Had you explored the blogosphere at all before then?

A: I can't say I explored it - I had a select few blogs I would read, and they were mostly by friends. When I began to blog myself, I had a lot of fun discovering a bunch of new blogs to read (like Wild Pennings ;) )

N: So you've been blogging almost a year now, correct?

A: Well, I started in August, so that's 4 months, I think??

N: Dude!! That's amazing!! XD I've only been reading your blog for a short time, and I love it, but I didn't know that! Okay, so in your four months of blogging, what are some of your favorite things about blogging?

A: The people! I love meeting everybody and getting to know a side of them that you can't meet when you're just reading their blogs. I've also noticed things in my life and my writing that I didn't before blogging.

N: That really is one of the best parts, though. ;) What are some things you learned about blogging that you didn't know before?

A: First of all, I'm super awkward when I try to write comedic stuff xD I've found that I'm a very open book, and I'm not afraid to give my opinion on things. I considered myself more reserved before.

N: Have you had any interesting experiences with readers of your blog?

A: I've had plenty of awkward circumstances, one of the worst being replying to the wrong comment and totally confusing people! But my readers and I do have a lot of fun! One time, we exchanged really, really bad snow puns, and that was less than cool. (See? A terrible pun!)

N: Lol! Very punny. (Funny, get it?) XD I have a couple more questions and then we'll wrap this up. Has blogging affected how you write?

A: (You're pun-derful, Nicole) I like to think I have better style, now that I know the difference between the way I speak and the way my characters should speak. Finding my flaws has been useful, too, and now I can spot them while I write, blogging or fiction.

N: (Aw, thanks!) Last question: What are you most excited about your new blog?? Feel free to mention any secret plans of awesomeness. XD

A: Ok, so I have literally months planned ahead (what can I say, I'm a plotter!). All I'm going to reveal right now is that I'm going to have my first series this February and it's going to be SO FUN for anybody who likes DIY, crafts, or getting organized!

N: It sounds amazing!! :D I can't wait! Well, thank you for doing this interview! :)

A: Ahhh thank you!!!


About Abby

My Name's Abby Franklin, and I'm a girl chasing after God, a musician and actress, a budding writer and storyteller, and overall, just a big ball of energy and weirdness.

Ever since the beginning, my mission has been one to inspire others. Whether it's to write, draw, organize—anything!—I love to see people inspired by something small and seemingly unimportant and succeed nevertheless.

When Words Fly was made not only to inspire, but to ignite a passion for creativity in someone's heart, no matter their age, personality, or ability.

My words already fly. Now, it's time for yours to do the same.


When Words Fly is such a lovely blog, and I can't wait to see what Abby has planned for it!! Don't forget to check it out and drop a comment and follow! I'm sure she would really appreciate the support. :D


(The link color is gray, which I just noticed and have to fix, in case anyone is confused. Sorry about that!)

Now for some updates, I hope y'all had a lovely Christmas! I had a Christmas story I wrote and was thinking about posting. If you would enjoy that, drop me a comment and I'll post it. Next week I will try to have a post up on my normal posting day (Tuesday), but I will be out of town so that's tentative. I'm going on an adventure! Oh, and 2018 is in three days!!! I don't know if I'm ready for that yet! XD I might post something honoring the new year, but it might just come out as ramblings. :P

Smiles!
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'll have to check this blog out sometime, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram