The Book Tag of Many Names



A while back, (maybe a couple of weeks?) Lisa @ Inkwell tagged me for this tag, but it had so many names I couldn't decide which one to use for it so I just renamed it The Book Tag of Many Names because I'm that person. *cough cough* Also I may or may not remember the name. *cough cough* Thanks you so much, Lisa, for tagging me! I had a blast answering these questions!


What book has been on your shelf the longest?

Probably Dragon Rider or any one of my American Girl books from when I was younger.  I don't have a lot of books, strangely, because apparently my parents don't realize how big of a bookworm I am?? For some reason they never get me any books even though I put them on any possible wishlist every year. :|

What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?

Current=Anne of Avonlea
Last=Short
Next=Hidden Figures, The Thief
As you can tell, my tastes are pretty diverse.

What book did everyone like, but you hated?

The Selection. Just no. I'm already not the type for romance, but this book drove me insane because I didn't like anything about it at all other than the intensity and fast pace. I thought the plot was corny.

What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?

Probably the Lord of the Rings? I mean, I love the movies, but I honestly am terrified when I see that hulking thing sitting on my dad's shelf with that eye on the front like "READ ME OR DIE BUT EITHER WAY YOU WILL DIE."

What book are you saving for retirement?

I have no idea. Whatever book comes out when I retire.

Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?

WAIT. WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU READ IT FIRST. WAIT.

Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

Interesting aside—I read them occasionally, when there's chance of mention of a sequel or just to know who the author killed or threatens to kill.
It happens.


Which book character would you switch places with?

I can't answer this question because I have no answer. I read mostly fantasy and adventure...and a lot of my favorite characters die...soooooooo...no. 

Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)

Not really. Wait, I take that back. Any of Rebecca Stead's books because middle school, guys! All that friendship drama has leaked into high school and just ugh. I can't take it anymore. And I'm homeschooled, but somehow I end up being the one that everyone comes to for therapy sessions?? 

Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.

I don't know how I get my books half the time, but I did do an epic ninja style operation to obtain Dragon Rider from my brother's bedroom while he was gone for camp one year. It still sits on my shelf to this very day.

Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

Nope. I don't have the cash to buy a special book, and even if I did, I have a very bad habit of liking too much the things I buy for other people so I just keep them. 

Which book has been with you most places? 

Probably Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison. I was obsessed with that series for forever and I read it so many times that it no longer has a cover, and instead has many battle scars from being crammed in cars and crushed in bags and stuffed into crowded bookshelves.

Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad later?

Pretty much every book ever on my reading list, except for Romeo and Juliet. Downright hated that book by the time I finished it. Juliet is like, thirteen!! And Romeo is such a drama queen, I'm surprised he survived that long without getting killed. *shakes head* I wonder if Shakespeare meant it to be a satire of middle school. XD


Used or brand new? 

Used. *sigh* BUT I did buy a new copy of Nightfall as a pre-order and I should have ordered it earlier because DANG it was expensive.

Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?  

Nope. I don't know who he is. :[]

Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book? 

Hold your breath...Harry Potter. Overall I prefer the movies to the books, other than Ron. I hate Ron in the movies but he is sooooo much better in the books.

Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?

Keeper of the Lost Cities (MALLOWMELT) or Heartless (LEMON TARTS). The foods in there are definitely drool-worthy.

Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take? 

Probably Lydia's and my sister's. We have similar tastes in literature, so I can pretty easily take opinions from them.

Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

The first contemporary that I read (can't remember the name), because I was NOT a fan of contemporaries before that. Also the Alex Rider books because I was not exactly eager to try true thriller, but those are pretty intense and totally epic. If you like thriller, read those.


And that concludes the tag! Thank you again, Lisa, for tagging me. :)

I tag Gray Marie, Lydia, Danielle, and Josie. (You're not obligated to do it if you don't want to. 😉) If you weren't tagged but would like to, just drop a comment and I'll add you because I'm terrible at tagging people and need help. XD Here are the questions (listed for convenience):

  1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
  2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
  3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
  4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
  5. What book are you saving for retirement?
  6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
  7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
  8. Which book character would you switch places with?
  9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
  10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
  11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
  12. Which book has been with you most places? 
  13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad later?
  14. Used or brand new? 
  15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?  
  16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book? 
  17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
  18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take? 
  19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

I'll be back to my normal posting schedule on Tuesday, so stay tuned for a post about creating unique and fresh characters, dinosaurs, etc.! 

Smiles!
Nicole


*book photo on featured image taken from Unsplash//unsplash.com—not mine

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! These are fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it was great to read your answers! I also love how varied your reads are.😂 That's SO awesome! And I wasn't a fan of the Selection either tbh.😂 I mean it was fluffy and fun? But totally cliche I haven't read the rest of the series or even felt like it so that probably says something haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cait! I totally agree with you about the Selection—I didn't finish the rest of the series either. XD Thanks for commenting!! :D

      Delete
  3. OMW THANKS FOR DOING THIS. I DON'T KNOW HOW I MISSED IT BEFORE (as you can see I'm kinda catching up on all your posts xD)

    Can I just say YES to what you did with The Selection? Cos I HAVEN'T READ IT AND HAHA I DISLIKE IT ALREADY (<< yeah I know - prejudice ;D)

    Great answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE WELCOME, FREN!!! I had a blast answering all those questions. Thanks for nominating me!! (Lol, don't worry, it makes me feel fabulous that people actually wanna read this stuff. XD)

      THE SELECTION--I had my doubts about it before i read it, and then i was like, nope! Not today, princesses! XD

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Okay, I know this is really late but I’m commenting because KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES. Did you preorder the special edition of Nightfall? (Also, there’s a special edition of Flashback too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KEEPER KEEPER KEEPER!!!! No, I decided that the special edition wasn’t worth it because it was too expensive. My friend ordered it and she let me read the Keefe story at the end, but I was kind of disappointed. I do wish I had gotten it for the artwork though! Yes, I’m thinking about getting the special edition of Flashback, but I’m not sure yet.

      Delete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram