12 Perfect Autumn Reads!


You know you're ready for fall when you spend thirty minutes pulling together a gorgeous Pinterest board to substitute for the nonexistent Florida autumn.


ANYWAYS, as you can tell I am sooooo ready for everything fall brings...including books! There are lots of books that I could read during the rest of the year, but for some reason they feel seasonal to me, and autumn is the only time I feel like reading them. If that happens to you, welcome to the club. XD So here are some books I hope to read this fall! I say "hope" because I #avoidcommitment,

 
 Pax
Sarah Pennypacker

I actually mentioned this one in this post about my library haul from last summer, but I didn't read it...*cough* didn't even start *cough* But the color scheme is soooo autumn-y (shallow, I know) so hopefully I'll be able to get through it this time!

hands on book next to candleand apple against white background

Wuthering Heights
Emily Brontë

I got halfway through this book and then quit reading it about February, so I'm going to finish it because it was a lovely book, despite everyone being a perfect demon. We'll see how this ends. *shrugs* Also, it's one of my goals on my classics lists! I haven't read a classic for a while, so finishing this one will meet the goal for the month.

Curiosity House
H. C. Chester and Lauren Oliver 

Time for a re-read! Stabby knife-throwing girls, smol cinnamon roll boys with strange talents, and murder mystery? Of course I'll come back eventually. It's been a while since I read it, but I needed some time before a re-read so that the original creepy feeling settles back in effectively. ;)


yellow book nestled in autumn decorations

The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
Jacqueline Kelly

Y'all, I can't get enough of this book. Anyways, it's been a few months so it's not on the top of my reading list right now, but if I have time, I will be reading it again.  I need some more of that young Texas charm. 10/10 recommend.

All the Crooked Saints
Maggie Stiefvater

I've been wanting to read this one since it came out but for some reason haven't? But now that I've seen plenty of reviews, I'm going to give it a try. I guess I just couldn't stand the fuzzy possibility of it being better than the Scorpio Races. XD
 
ebook cover on ipad against open books background

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J. K. Rowling

It has been four years since I read this series, so it's due for a re-read. (The draw to read it again makes me feel so nostalgic!) I just put the first book up here, but my sister and I are hoping to read the whole series together in October and watch the movies after we finish the books. She's already on book four, so I have a lot of catching up to do, but let's get this party started.

 
Flashback
Shannon Messenger

This time I really need to re-read the series before I read this book because everything is a messy jumble of memories, and it probably wouldn't be healthy to read this one and be like, "WHAAAAaaaAATttTT??" the entire time. Call me clueless. I deserve it. XD

Wrath of the Dragon King
Brandon Mull

Luckily, I remember what happened in the first book, so this should be easy-peazy. I don't know if I'll actually get to read it this fall, but I'm going to try. I'm so exited for it to come out!! Do any of you read Brandon Mull's books?


These are books that I hope to own or hope my library acquires. I don't think it's likely that I'll read them this fall, but it doesn't hurt to hope. Maybe I''ll get to go on a spree. If you've read these, what are your opinions, and would you suggest them?

A Thousand Perfect Notes
C. G. Drews (or PaperFury)

The Blood Race
K. A. Emmons

The Lost Girl of Astor Street
Stephanie Morril

Tess of the Road
 Rachel Hartman
Do you have any cute autumn book suggestions for me? I’m looking to squeeze in a contemporary that’s been published for a while. What are you reading this fall? Tell me what your favorite thing about fall is!

Smiles!
Nicole

12 comments:

  1. I need all of these! Curiosity House sounds particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goooooo read them!!! And yes, Curiosity House is interesting and a lot more. XD Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. *gasps* FLASHBACK FLASHBACK IT'S COMING OUT IT TWO MONTHS AND I AM SO READY!!!!!!!

    Ahem. Besides the fangirling:

    You should definitely read The Blood Race! For me, it seemed to be more of a summer read, but hey, you do you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHAHAHA I AM NOT!!! 🤣🤣🤣
      Haha, I wanted to read it in the summer, but better late than never, amirite? This is basically me trying to shove any book into my already-murderous TBR. XD
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YAS, THE BLOOD RACE IS EPIC!! YOU'LL LOVE IT!! And you should probably get Worlds Beneath, too, because you'll want the story to continue. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’M SO EXCITED!!! Ooh, yeah, I didn’t do that when I started the Embassy Row books and I almost died. The suspense was too much. 😂 I’ll definitley try to order them together! 👍🏼

      Delete
  4. The Blood Race, A Thousand Perfect Notes, and The Lost Girl of Astor Street are books I would highly recommend! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the Crooked Saints is REALLY good! And it would make a great read for the autumn season too!!

    Also I'm currently reading The Lost Girl of Astor Street and it's also suuuuper interesting and the characters are A+++. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t wait to read it! I adored The Scorpio Races, and Stiefvater’s style is so flowy. Haha, I’m glad I made a good choice about when to read it. XD

      Ooooh, let me know what you think at the end! Time to scrape together some money. XD

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, Nicole! I've been wanting to read Wuthering Heights for awhile now...

    also w o w your blog is adorable and I love it! *squeals* I'll definitely be binge-reading some more today haha

    Lilian - greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram