The Get to Know Me Tag (Writer's Edition)




 

And I return! Believe it or not, last weekend was the only weekend ever that I didn't post because I actually forgot. Usually I'm just too lazy. X'D Today I'm doing the Get to Know Me Writer's Edition tag. Lisa did this over on her blog, and she nominated the first eleven people to comment. I figured I better post it soon before I forget. ;)

 


- link back to the person who created the tag (Savannah Grace @ Inspiring Writes) - 
   - thank the person who tagged you (thank you, Lisa!) - 
   - share the tag graphic (optional, optional! I know it won't go with everyone's blog design) -
- tag eleven bloggers -

Let's give this a shot! O.o


  
Vital Stats And Appearance:

(pen)Name: Nicole Ann

Nicknames: I don't really have any nicknames. My siblings and I have a pet name for each other, Squishy, and I had a friend in middle school who called me Neelia, and various people have tried to cal me other names that relate to my real name, but I can't say. It would give away too much. XD
 
Birthday: In the spring (I know, quite specific)
 
Hair color and length: REALLY dark brown. People often think it's black, but really it has more red in it which is weird and really exciting all at the same time because I've always wanted reddish hair. XD Oh yeah, and it's just past my shoulders.

Eye color: Brown. Not much to say there.

Braces/piercings/tattoos: nope, I have my ears pierced, and definitely nope. XD

Righty or lefty: Righty...I use my left hand for certain tasks though, like steering my bicycle.

Ethnicity: Half Latin American, and then there's some Irish and Scottish and other stuff in there. A bit of Jewish too, I think. It's confusing. XD


Firsts:

First novel written: The first novel I started to write was called the Symbols of Icyllia and I tried to put a cool twist on the whole elements cliche but it turned out just kind of slow and possibly like The Land of Stories? There were some interesting parts, like the floating continent where pretty much everyone died off and the magic ingrained in the continent pulled random people from the earth to fix the problems and find the people and yadayadaya.

First novel completed: I've never actually written a complete full length novel, but the closest I've come is my novella Divided, which I talk about waaaaay too much. XD
Award for writing: I have not received any awards for my writing, but that's probably because I've never attempted to win an award. :P

First publication: Again, I've never tried to submit anything that could be published.
Conference: Nope, but I'm keeping my eye on a conference in my state that has a separate teen conference. Hopefully I'll be able to go next year.

Query/Pitch: HAHAHA nope. I don't have anything worth pitching. XD

look who finally did some photography X'D

Favorites:

Novel (that you wrote):  I want to say Divided, because I actually finished that one, but I actually adore the prequel (WIP) to another story idea more. That one or Shadowskin. XD

Genre: Almost anything suspenseful. Currently, I'm in love with spy thriller, historical mystery, sci-fi, and psychological thriller (still trying to figure out how to write it though).

Author: Ally Carter and Rebecca Stead are pretty tied right now.

Writing Music: I actually have a whole post on writing music coming soon, but I love HDSounDI on YouTube. They have enormous collections of lovely instrumental. I also use their collections for study music, too.

Time To Write: I can write anytime if I'm sucked into my story enough to ignore everything else around me. Typically, the words come easier in the evenings though. I don't know why, but I guess it's because I'm not groggy from the morning or the afternoon heat.

Writing Snack/Drink: When I try to multi-task, and eating is one of the other tasks, then eating will win. Every. single. time. I love my food. So usually I eat a snack while I preview what I've written before or drink some flavored water or cocoa or something. I don't have a favorite writing snack (I eat almost anything), but I prefer beverages because then I don't have to get up and wash my hands and break my focus.

Movie: Pride and Prejudice. The one with Keira Knightley. I just watched it last night for the five bajillionth time. Everything about it is gorgeous, from the camera work to the music and ahhhhhhh, my love!

Writing Memory: The first time I won NaNoWriMo, probably, because it was a rough week (I was struggling with the decision to quit dance) and winning made me so happy and helped me realize that I have a lot of talents. Second would have to be when I finished writing Divided because I mean, I finished writing a complete-ish book!! Yay me!

Childhood Book: I actually keep all the sentimental books on my bedroom shelf. I loved Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?, Angelina Ballerina, and multiple Amelia Bedelia books.


Currently:

Reading: Am I currently reading something...? I had to return an Alex Rider book before I was done, and now I have to wait to check it out again, so let's go with that.

Writing: A collection of short stories that I hope to eventually grow into a novella but shhhh it might jinx my motivation. XD

Listening to: "Remnants of Departed Days" by Owsey on HDSounDI. Good stuff, friends.

Watching: I JUST finished watching Granite Flats for the seventh time literally last night and I am still confused by the plot and angry at the producers. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Learning: How to manage my time so I can balance my new school workload and everything else I love to do. Also, friendships. Let's just say I'm learning how to interact with people when I know virtually nothing about them.

Future:

Want To Be Published: I think that I would enjoy being published, but I'm actually more interested in being a publisher. I hope to submit some short stories to literary magazines sometime in the near future. Who knows if they'll actually take them. XD

Indie or Traditional: I'd like to try both, but I can be a bit of a control freak, so I think I might like indie publishing better.

Wildest Goal: Found a YA publishing house that actually publishes clean, quality fiction. Seriously, I can only see teen literature getting wilder and darker from here.

green leafy background with a small cluster of purple flowers on a hydrangea bush
also guess who's editing skills are improving X'D


Danielle Droubay @ Snapper
Nicole Dust @ Legend of a Writer
Annie Xia @ Zoelogist
Gray Marie @ Writing is Life
Madeline Joy @ Tower of Joy
Micaiah Saldaña @ Notebooks and Novels

If you have done the tag already or aren't interested, feel free to opt out. :) If you would like to do the tag but I didn't nominate you, you're tagged! Nominations are always super hard for me, but I decided to make an effort this time. XD

 

That's all I have for tonight, but I hope y'all have a lovely day! Hopefully next week I'll be able to post something different, if my schoolwork doesn't strangle me first. O.o 
 
 How is school going for y'all? Are you going to do the tag? Have you done this tag before? What was your first novel about? What's your favorite book or author?

Smiles!
Nicole

6 comments:

  1. YAY, you did the tag! (I already did it, but thank you for nominating me anyways!)

    Ooooh, you want to be a publisher? That’s so cool! And I agree on the YA publishing thing - you’re riht, it does seem to keep getting darker and darker. :(

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I wsn't sure who did it or not. :P

      Thank you, Nicole! :D

      Delete
  2. I loved learning more about you, Nicole! <3
    SAME on one of my wildest dreams being finding a good publishing house that doesn't publish either smut or mediocre writing.

    Thank you so much for tagging me, but I've already done this one a while back! You're actually the third person to tag me in it, lol. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 😁 I’m glad I din’t bore anyone. XD
      I’m glad you’re in support of the idea of good publishing houses! There are just so many that publish for money and not a moral purpose that will still help them prosper.

      You’re welcome! Oof, three times? Well, now you don’t have to do it again. X’D

      Delete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram