12 Books for your Summer TBR || Collab with Lilian @ Green Tea with Books

background image taken from unsplash.com

Today I have the pleasure of bringing you a collaboration with Lilian @ green tea with books! Lilian blogs about all things bookish and literary: reviews, recs, TBR, tags, and basically everything in between. She was kind enough to collaborate with me to bring you a post about 12 of our book recs and anticipated reads for summer. Below you'll find Lilian's post, and when you're done reading, hop on over to her blog to read my part of the collab. I hope you enjoy! :D

*sidenote: all the titles are links, btw, even though they're not in bold. ;)


Hey there, Nicole’s readers! I’m so excited to be collaborating with Nicole today, and I hope you are too! Today I’ll be talking about three of my anticipated reads for the summer as well as give you some recommendations for your summer!


Sand Castle Dreams
Taylor Bennett

44023835

With all things Hawaiian (Maui! beach! sand! islands!), Sand Castle Dreams is the perfect read for any summer. I read Porch Swing Girl with a friend awhile back, and I really enjoyed it! Sand Castle Dreams released a couple of months ago and I'm so excited to read it!

Sometimes we have to face our greatest fears in order to become whole again.

Returning to Maui after one of the most challenging summers of her life, sixteen-year-old Olive Galloway is ready for things to return to normal—or, at least, a new normal.




100 Days of Sunlight
Abbie Emmons

45431240

Nicole talked about this book too, but ahhhhHHHHH yOU'rE kIDDiNg me the fantastic Abbie is writing a book?

Guys, I'm not joking when I say I've been waiting for this for a LONG TIME. And when you read the blurb, you'll swoon and want to eatread it immediately. It's releasing on August 7th, 2019, and I couldn't be more excited!!

It's also yellow, which screams summer to me. ;)

When 16-year-old poetry blogger Tessa Dickinson is involved in a car accident and loses her eyesight for 100 days, she feels like her whole world has been turned upside-down.



Kara Swanson

34094813

if you search up "beautiful covers", The Girl Who Could See would be the first one to pop up (probably not, haha, but it's so gorgeous and has #reputation on Goodreads). I'm not sure if it's exactly got a summer vibe, but I keep hearing about it and I. must. read. it, if only for the beautiful cover. :D

All her life Fern has been told she is blind to reality—but what if she is the only one who can truly see?

Fern Johnson is crazy. At least, that’s what the doctors have claimed since her childhood. Now nineteen, and one step away from a psych ward, Fern struggles to survive in bustling Los Angeles. Desperate to appear “normal,” she represses the young man flickering at the edge of her awareness—a blond warrior only she can see.





Now I'll share three reads for your summer. Each of these books are so great and I hope you'll add them to your TBR!

Becky Wade

32497077

True to You was such a fantastic book! If I had to use an author's writing style to describe the writing style that I like to read, it would be Becky Wade's. She's a new author for me, but once I read one of her books, I read all the others in that series in three days. xP Her covers are all so gorgeous and I would definitely recommend picking up her books!



No Ocean Too Wide
Carrie Turansky

42815558

This book was so good! Here's a snippet of my review: I absolutely adored this book. What a completely enchanting, inspiring, and heartfelt read. So, so many things made this book a five star read for me, but I think the characters were at the head. Their struggles were written so well, but they also had strong character traits that really made me want to root for them (read the rest).


First Date
Krista Mcgee

11948994

kay, I need to get my own copy of this book (it's a problem). xD I absolutely adore books that feature reality TV shows and Krista really hits the nail on the head with each one of her books. This book is a modern retelling of the Bible story of Queen Esther, AND IT'S SO GOOD. There are so many great spiritual morals in this book and definitely make it a must read.



And that'll be it for my part of this collaboration! Make sure to check out Nicole's reads and recs!


Don't forget to check out Lilian's blog for all sorts of bookish content (as well as pretty graphics <3) and don't forget to read my post while your over there. ;)

What's you're favorite book? Have you read any of these books yet, and which ones are going up on your summer TBR?

8 comments:

  1. hey, I came across your blg through lilian's, and first off, your design is bombs (do people still say that?)-- how do you do it?
    I want to read "100 days of sun". abbie is such an amazing human being!
    I also really want to read "the boy who steals houses" >.<
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, Vaishnavi? Her blog is so pretty! I'm super excited for 100 Days of Sunlight too! 😊

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks, Vaishnavi! Haha, I did it with lots of sweat and too much obsession. XD
      Yes, her book is going to be great if it's anything like her (which no doubt it will be)! Ooooh, TBWSH is on my TBR too. I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. All of these looks so good. I'm especially intrigued by 100 days of sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! Ahh, Abbie's book is going to be awesome. 😍

      Delete
    2. Yep, it's gonna be great. Thanks for stopping by, Skye!

      Delete
  3. YES, ABBIE'S BOOK WILL BE INCREDIBLE. And man, I really need to read the Girl Who Could See - it sound so good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, both of them sound amazing! *rubs hands excitedly*

      Delete

Feel free to rant, fangirl, flail, squeal, etc. and I'll get back to you with just as much enthusiasm! I always reply, so check back often. Please keep your language cuss-free and no taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Instagram